2 3 Terminology Tuesday Grand Emboîté | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Terminology Tuesday Grand Emboîté



Terminology Tuesday Grand Emboî

Most of us are familiar with emboité, but I seldom heard the term grand emboité. Of course it means big, but here is the full definition from https://themasterdance.com/ballet-terminology/: “A grand emboîté is a traveling jump where each leg is alternately brought to attitude in the air, each foot passing the previous one in alternating.”

Also from the same site, a regular or small emboîté is “known as a petit jeté in RAD and the French school.”

The word emboîté itself translates to “nested” in English and embroîér means “to fit together”.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #52:
“A grand emboîté is a big emboîté.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“We have too many high sounding words and too few actions that correspond with them.”
― Abigail Adams

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment