2 3 Saturday Spill | Ballet Webb

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Saturday Spill



Saturday Spill

Spilling water behind someone is said to bring good luck to them. The smooth fluidity of water is thought to be what makes it lucky.

In Serbia, people deliberately spill water behind friends who are taking a test, facing a job interview, embarking on a journey or about to do anything that might require a bit of extra good luck.

I’ve seen dancers spill water quite frequently, but never with the intention of using it to wish a colleague well.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Superstition #162:
 “Spilling water behind someone is said to bring good luck.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Sometimes,
when inspiration runs dry,
I drink classical music
until my words spill out.”
― Kamand Kojouri

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment