2 3 Terminology Tuesday Ciseaux | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Terminology Tuesday Ciseaux



Terminology Tuesday Ciseaux

The word ciseaux [see-ZOH] means scissors. This is not to be confused with sissonne which was named for the originator of the step. But the confusion is certainly understandable.

Here is the definition of ciseaux from Gail Grant’s book:  This is a scissor-like movement made by opening the feet to a wide second position sur les pointes, or by jumping into the air and opening both legs to the second position en l’air.”


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #51:
“Ciseaux means scissors.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“But why, why, why can't people just say what they mean?”
― Graeme Simsion

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment