2 3 Fun Friday Fouetté Away | Ballet Webb

Friday, July 19, 2019

Fun Friday Fouetté Away



Fun Friday Fouetté Away

No, I’m not talking about turns. I’m going to discuss the standard fouetté movement of changing positions from one direction to another – as in going from à la seconde to arabesque.

In this example, (which is a common movement), imagine the working leg sending energy outwards into space, while the body turns away from that leg. This helps maintain stability.

Once again, the all-important two-way energy is utilized and this concept can to transferred to other fouettés in other positions.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #14ggg:
“Turn the body away from the working leg in a standard fouetté.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment