2 3 Terminology Tuesday Déboulés | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Terminology Tuesday Déboulés



Terminology Tuesday Déboulés

A term of the French school, déboulés [day-boo-LAY] means rolling like a ball. It is seen in the term tours chainés déboulés which we usually shorten to the familiar chainés.

Here is the definition of déboulés from: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/deboule:
"small, very quick half-turns executed alternately on each foot, usually in a series in a straight line.”


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #48:
“Déboulés means rolling like a ball.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“The chains that break you, are the chains that make you. And the chains that make you, are the chains you break.”
― Anthony Liccione

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment