2 3 Wacky Wednesday Toaster | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Wacky Wednesday Toaster



Wacky Wednesday Toaster

One of the biggest problems with pas de chat is maintaining the turn-out, especially on the following leg. The leading leg is usually okay, but that second leg – whew!

I return again to one of my favorite images: a toaster. If you imagine your pas de chat jumping into a toaster (one that is unplugged, of course), then the legs will stay turned out. Otherwise they won’t fit in the slot.

If several pas de chats are done in a sequence, you can imagine each one going into the toaster, and then popping out of the toaster.

Toaster Turn-out Pas de Chats!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #15uuu:
“Pas de chat like you are jumping into a toaster.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“In any case, muffins that are only imaginary aren't liable to get stuck.”
― Thomas M. Disch, The Brave Little Toaster

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment