2 3 Superstitious Saturday Tights | Ballet Webb

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Superstitious Saturday Tights



Superstitious Saturday Tights

Here is a balletic superstition that makes some sense. Many dancers reserve a special pair of tights just for performances. Usually this special pair is chosen because it was worn during a successful performance, and wearing it again is believed to bestow luck on subsequent performances.

While it may not truly determine the success of any performance, reserving a pair of tights certainly keeps that pair in more or less pristine condition. That is, they are not as apt to get torn or have runs.

I always kept an extra pair of tights in my dance bag in the (horrible) event I lost or forgot (gasp!) to pack a pair prior to a performance. And every dancer (active or retired) has nightmares about being in the theater and realizing something critical has been forgotten!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Superstition #136:
“Some dancers reserve a special pair of tights for performances.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Your brain loves habits because they are simple, structured, well-known, energy efficient, quick, and automatic.”
― Stan Jacobs, The Dusk And Dawn Master

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment