2 3 Superstitious Saturday Spider | Ballet Webb

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Superstitious Saturday Spider



Superstitious Saturday Spider

During the sixteenth century in Italy, it was believed that the tarantula spider targeted people who danced, and at the time there was a dancing epidemic known as tarantism. Hmmm.

Supposedly, this dancing disease was thought to be associated with the bite of a tarantula spider. But then, ironically, it seemed that any symptoms associated with the spider bite could be cured by frenzied dancing. Sounds pretty confusing to me.

But that’s where the dance we know as the Tarantella came from.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Superstition #139:
“The tarantula spider was supposedly responsible for a dancing plague.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Learn from spiders. Sometimes you need to walk sideways”
― Maureen Joyce Connolly, Little Lovely Things

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment