2 3 Wacky Wednesday Strangle | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Wacky Wednesday Strangle

Wacky Wednesday Strangle

The arm on the barre should be relaxed. I’ve talked about this before. The elbow shouldn’t levitate, and at no time – no time – should the hand fiercely grip the barre.

The barre is representative of a partner’s hand or arm and one would never want to squeeze so hard as to cut off the circulation to a dancer’s extremity. So imagine the barre as a living, breathing thing and do not choke it.

If the barre were made of memory foam, a chokehold would leave a deep impression and this is to be avoided at all costs. Never strangle the barre!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #:
“Never strangle the barre.”

Links of the Day (Proof that ballet isn’t always sweet):


Quote of the Day:
“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”
― Frank HerbertDune

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.


Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment