2 3 Mad Monday Soft | Ballet Webb

Monday, March 6, 2017

Mad Monday Soft






Mad Monday Soft

A common problem in pliés is too much tension in the feet and ankles. I’ve talked about it before – that the toes shouldn’t grab onto the floor, and that the arches shouldn’t tighten.

It is important that the muscles in the feet and legs relax during a plié. No tension. No gripping the floor. The feet spread out against the floor and the ankles relax.

It helps to think of “soft ankles” in plié. The word “soft” is powerful and produces an automatic relaxation in the muscles. The next time you do pliés, think “soft ankles”, “soft ankles”…
From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:

Ballet Secret #1ppp:
“ Imagine soft ankles in plié.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“The funny thing about the heart is a soft heart is a strong heart, and a hard heart is a weak heart.”
Criss Jami

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.


Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment