2 3 Super Saturday Violence | Ballet Webb

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Super Saturday Violence






Super Saturday Violence

We all want that awe-inspiring extension and stretch that seems to go on forever. But achieving it is a process – not an instant happening. Like the tortoise and the hare that I talked about recently, stretching is achieved through slow, gentle consistent practice.

It’s tempting to get aggressive with stretching, especially on days that have been frustrating. Violent bouncing, pushing too hard or stretching too far to fast are all examples of stretch violence. Stop the violence!

Trust the process. Stretch every day, pushing gently but not aggressively. It works.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Statute # 104:
“Never stretch violently or aggressively.”

 Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.”
Mahatma Gandhi

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.


Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment