2 3 Mad Monday Duck | Ballet Webb

Monday, March 13, 2017

Mad Monday Duck






Mad Monday Duck

Here it is again – Monday – duck! No, I’m only kidding. Today I’m talking about real ducks and specifically, their feet. Ducks have big flat feet that are wider at the “toes” like our own.

It helps to think of our feet spreading on the floor, like duck feet. This prevents curling the toes, or gripping the floor, two things I’ve talked about before. It also helps to remember that the weight is distributed according to the shape of the foot – two points at the ball and one at the heel. In other words, two-thirds of the weight is over the ball of the foot.

If you are having trouble with gripping the toes, try imagining that you have duck feet.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret # 10ooo:
“Imagine having duck feet.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“It doesn't matter if you're born in a duck yard, so long as you are hatched from a swan's egg!”
Hans Christian Andersen, The Ugly Duckling

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.


Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment