2 3 Sunday Misguided Imagination | Ballet Webb

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Sunday Misguided Imagination






Sunday Misguided Imagination

I have a friend who says she knows worrying works because the things she worries about never happen. Interesting point. But I’d rather not worry, and it is so hard to control! Apparently I am not alone. Goodreads.com has over 1000 quotes about anxiety.

It helps to remember that anxiety is a game of the imagination. Misguided imagination. Picturing horrible things isn’t fun, yet humans do it all the time. Of course, worrying can serve a purpose: that of being prepared. But there is a difference between planning and anxiety.

Dancers learn early to prepare for a performance, to prepare for class, to prepare for rejection. Then – hopefully – they let it go and move on to the next thing. Anxiety is over-preparedness. Imagination running wild in a negative direction.

The next time you start worrying, ask yourself if you are preparing or just cultivating anxiety.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Motivational Secret #54:
Anxiety is misguided imagination.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
:Anxiety is a feeling grown too large. A feeling grown aggressive and dangerous.”

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.


Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment