2 3 Terminology Tuesday Taqueté | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Terminology Tuesday Taqueté



Terminology Tuesday Taqueté

Taqueté [tak-TAY] is an interesting word. I’ve seen choreographers use a sound like “tak tak tak” to indicate a staccato movement and I wonder if it came from taqueté, or if it is just random.

Taqueté means “pegged” and refers to pointe work that involves quick little steps where the tips of the shoes strike the floor sharply. Any steps on pointe that use this staccato accent could be called taqueté.

As for “tak tak tak”… I don’t know.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #60:
“Taqueté means pegged.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“I collect words--they are sweets in the mouth of sound.”
― Sally Gardner, Maggot Moon

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment