2 3 Fun Friday Needles | Ballet Webb

Friday, September 27, 2019

Fun Friday Needles



Fun Friday Needles

In an earlier post, I talked about how the feet should move: Ballet Secret #7ggg: “Imagine the feet working like sewing needles, with a sharp end.”

Today I’m adding another element. If sewing needles don’t work for you, imagine an expert knitter rapidly working to create a beautiful garment. If you’ve ever seen this, you know how those needles flash – almost to the point of being too fast to focus on.

When accomplished dancers perform brilliantly, this is what their footwork looks like: knitting needles working rapidly and precisely back and forth. See today’s Link of the Day below.


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #7sss:
“The feet should look like fine knitting needles working.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.”
― Elizabeth Zimmerman

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment