2 3 Mad Monday Ears | Ballet Webb

Monday, September 30, 2019

Mad Monday Ears



Mad Monday Ears

I’ve talked about ears before, because focusing on the ears can be helpful, particularly for good posture.

A common malady for many dancers is the Dropped Chin Syndrome. This is often caused by looking at the floor which is often caused by a lack of confidence. It is an unfortunate cascading series of events. Whew!

A simple fix for all these things is to think about your ears, and say to yourself: “Ears up and back”. Almost immediately, everything else will improve. Keeping the energy in the ears up prevents looking down, and a backward energy keeps the head and spine centered.

“Ears up and back!”

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #1fff:
“Ears up and back.”

Link of the Day:



Quote of the Day:
“Your dreaming self seeks to tell you something your waking ears will not hear”
― Jacqueline Carey, Kushiel's Chosen

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment