2 3 Mad Monday Taffy Pull | Ballet Webb

Monday, September 16, 2019

Mad Monday Taffy Pull



Mad Monday Taffy Pull

There is a common port de bras where one arm is overhead and the other is in front.  You can see it in today’s Link of the Day at 0:40. This beautiful port de bras is also seen in adagios and in lunges with upper back bends.

The secret to making this port de bras as lovely as possible is to imagine pulling taffy between the hands. This provides the necessary two-way resistance and maintains the relationship between the arms.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #6sss:
“Imagine pulling taffy between the hands.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Be like a taffy - sweet, long-lasting, tough, flexible, and colorful.”
― Kailin Gow

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment