2 3 Terminology Tuesday Voyagé | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Terminology Tuesday Voyagé



Terminology Tuesday Voyagé

There’s no real surprise here. Voyagé [vwah-yah- ZHAY]means traveled or traveling. For a dancer the word means that the performer, in a particular pose (often arabesque) moves by a series of small jumps, each one landing in a demi-plie with the heel slightly raised.

Voyagé is often seen during the coda of a grand pas de deux (see the Link of the Day at 4:32).

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #56:
“Voyagé means traveled.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”
― St. Augustine

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment