2 3 Terminology Tuesday Équilibre | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Terminology Tuesday Équilibre



Terminology Tuesday Équilibre

The word équilibre [ay-kee-LEE-bruh] means aplomb, balance or equilibrium. It refers to a dancer’s ability to hold a pose and balance effectively.

It also means a dancer’s ability to balance on demi-pointe or full pointe in any position (see the Link of the Day below).

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #55:
Équilibre means balance.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Mathematics expresses values that reflect the cosmos, including orderliness, balance, harmony, logic, and abstract beauty.”
― Deepak Chopra

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment