2 3 Terminology Tuesday Enlèvement | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Terminology Tuesday Enlèvement





Terminology Tuesday Enlèvement

At first this word may seem unfamiliar, but enlèvement [ahn-lev-MAHN] is something that is done frequently in ballet. It means “carrying off” and refers to when the male dancer lifts his partner.

The word enlever means remove, and we are all familiar with levé which means light or raised as in the small jump called temps levé.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology #53:
“Enlèvement means carrying off.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“We rise by lifting others.”
― Robert Ingersoll

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment