2 3 Wacky Wednesday Toe Power | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Wacky Wednesday Toe Power



Wacky Wednesday Toe Power

Last week I talked about the philosophy of push and point for jumping in ballet. Today’s idea is similar.

Never underestimate the thrust that your toes provide. They are tiny powerhouses located at the ends of your feet, yet so often they are forgotten (sob!).

When you jump using the idea of push and point, it will remind you to send energy throughout your feet and well down into your toes. You’ll feel the thrust into the air when you do this. It’s fun!

And of course remember to reverse the process when you land, rolling through the foot toe to heel to plié for a perfectly cushioned landing.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #15yyy:
“Never underestimate toe power.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Ballet shoes... I cannot play with them like they're toys.
But when the music is playing they get deep on my toes.”
― Ana Claudia Antunes, The DAO (Dancing As One) Workbook Illustrated

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment