2 3 Mad Monday Mud | Ballet Webb

Monday, July 8, 2019

Mad Monday Mud



Mad Monday Mud

Here is another image to help with the resistance needed when picking the foot up from the floor.

When taking the foot from fifth (or any of the five positions), there must be a gradually peeling away from the floor, moving from heel to toe. To prevent a too-quick or floppy movement, imagine the foot is moving though mud. Good resistant mud. I’m sure you remember this type from making mud pies as a child.

This mental mud image adds the resistance needed for a good foot removal from the floor.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #4aa:
“Imagine pulling your foot out of mud.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Every struggle is like mud - there are always some lotus seeds waiting to sprout.”
― Amit Ray

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment