2 3 Fun Friday Fallacy | Ballet Webb

Friday, July 12, 2019

Fun Friday Fallacy



Fun Friday Fallacy

There are many myths and sayings in ballet. And some of them are just not true – they are fallacies. The definition of fallacy is: “a mistaken belief, especially one based on unsound argument.”

One of these unsound beliefs is the saying “no pain no gain”. We all know that ballet training is difficult and at times uncomfortable but pain is your body telling you that something is wrong. I tell my students there is a difference between pain and discomfort. I think of pain as severe physical discomfort. It is well beyond uncomfortable.

Therefore, there is no progress without sometimes feeling discomfort. But severe physical discomfort – pain – is simply not right. What we need is a catchy phrase for that.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Myth #1b:
“No pain no gain.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Art is to console those who are broken by life.”
― Vincent van Gogh

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment