2 3 Wacky Wednesday What’s It Called? | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Wacky Wednesday What’s It Called?

Wacky Wednesday What’s It Called?

There are many steps I’ve encountered over the years that seem to lack a consistent name. Here’s one that was mentioned on the forum Ballet Talk.

From retiré, the foot moves directly down to a tendu position, without lifting it higher first - which would mean it is standard développé. What’s it called?

Here is the answer: développé a terre, or sometimes retiré tendu with the instruction to go directly from retiré to tendu.

Always, clear instruction is the most important thing.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #4x:
            “Moving from retiré to tendu is called développé a terre.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“One should use common words to say uncommon things” 
Arthur Schopenhauer

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment