2 3 Terminology Tuesday Angel | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Terminology Tuesday Angel



Terminology Tuesday Angel

Temps de lange [tahn-duh lahnzh] is a seldom-heard term in ballet. It means angel’s step.

It is like a temp de poisson, but the legs are in attitude and slightly apart, as opposed to the straight, together legs of the poissson. The back is arched, and the head back. The jump lands in the same place it started.

Add another one to your mental dictionary!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #30c:
“Temps de lange means angel’s step.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.”
― Alexander Pope, 
An Essay on Criticism

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment