2 3 Wild Wednesday Basic Three | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Wild Wednesday Basic Three



Wild Wednesday Basic Three

I have often said that basic movements are the most important. This is because they are elements of everything else. It’s like baking a cake: poor ingredients make a poor cake, while great ingredients…well, you get it.

The three basic movements in ballet are:
Plié (down and up),
Relevé (up and down),
Tendu (out and in)
Now consider for a moment how these three become the “ingredients” in other steps. Wow. It’s amazing.

That’s why keeping these three steps as pristine as possible is so important.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #16u:
“The three basic movements in ballet are: Plié, relevé and tendu.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Kindness is the basic ingredient for the recipe of happiness.”
― Vikrmn, Guru with Guitar

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment