2 3 Wacky Wednesday Paddle | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Wacky Wednesday Paddle



Wacky Wednesday Paddle

A fun way for students to practice spotting is any exercise involving paddle turns. It can be part of a character class or just a character combination, but either way helps perfect the art of spotting. And I am a big believer in adding “fun” to ballet classes.

Spotting is critical to success in almost all turning movements, so developing and perfecting this skill is important for students and professionals alike.

As an example of what I consider paddle turns, refer to the Link of the Day below.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #14vv:
“Have students do paddle turns to practice spotting.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“You are likely to fall when you stop paddling your bicycle. Such is life. As long as you don’t give up, you will never end up failing!”
― Israelmore Ayivor, Daily Drive 365

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment