2 3 Mad Monday Potato Cake | Ballet Webb

Monday, June 4, 2018

Mad Monday Potato Cake



Mad Monday Potato Cake

A common error in rond de jambe en l’air is inscribing a large, perfectly circular shape in the air. It’s really not a circle, but an oval or oblong shape instead. The only exception to this is a double rond de jambe en l’air which is two small circles in the air.

A student of mine suggested that a single rond de jambe en l’air makes the shape of a McDonald’s hash brown cake and I think that is a great mental image for the step. It prevents a large circular pattern from happening – which often causes the hips to move and the working leg to lose rotation – plus, the hash brown image is fun.

Fun things are easier to remember, and more entertaining to do.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #22m:
“A rond de jambe en l’air makes the shape of a McDonald’s hash brown cake.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny.”
― Dr. SeussThe Cat in the Hat

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment