2 3 Sunday Make Your Bed | Ballet Webb

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Sunday Make Your Bed


Sunday Make Your Bed

A friend of mine always makes a list of things to do each day. At the beginning of each list is always this directive: “Get up”. I commented that this seemed strange (even humorous), to me, but I was told that it was one thing that could be crossed off the list immediately, providing a sense of accomplishment that fueled the motivation to attack the rest of the list throughout the day.

A similar idea has been brought out in a current bestseller written by William H. McRaven:  Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life...And Maybe the World. I haven’t yet read this book, but I understand it is about how making your bed gives you a sense of accomplishment and sets you up for further progress during the day. Just like my friend’s to-do list.

Do you make your bed every day? If you don’t, try doing so every day. See if this philosophy works for you.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Motivational Secret #184:
“Make your bed.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“It is easy to blame your lot in life on some outside force, to stop trying because you believe fate is against you. It is easy to think that where you were raised, how your parents treated you, or what school you went to is all that determines your future. Nothing could be further from the truth. The common people and the great men and women are all defined by how they deal with life’s unfairness: Helen Keller, Nelson Mandela, Stephen Hawking, Malala Yousafzai, and—Moki Martin. Sometimes no matter how hard you try, no matter how good you are, you still end up as a sugar cookie. Don’t complain. Don’t blame it on your misfortune. Stand tall, look to the future, and drive on!”
William H. McRaven, Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life...And Maybe the World

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment