2 3 Technical Tuesday Feet | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Technical Tuesday Feet


Technical Tuesday Feet

The next time you put on your ballet or pointe shoes consider this: Human feet have 52 bones, which amounts to one quarter of the bones in the body. Think about all those essential bones during tendues, etc!

Here’s another fact: Your feet have 500,000 sweat glands and can produce more than a pint of sweat a day. Now you know why you should allow your pointe shoes to dry out after use!

There are many other facts, savory and unsavory, but that’s enough for today.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #26ee:
“Human feet have 52 bones, accounting for one quarter of all the human body’s bones.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
Mahatma Gandhi

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment