2 3 Saturday Allowable Attitudes | Ballet Webb

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Saturday Allowable Attitudes


Saturday Allowable Attitudes

Whenever I hear someone says “she (or he) has a spectacular attitude”, I hope they are referring to the balletic position. Unfortunately, that is not always the case.

Having an inflated mental attitude is something dancers must always guard against. It prevents progress and alienates others. It is often seen in younger dancers, who haven’t matured enough to realize what they are doing. Conversely, poor behaviors are often exhibited by students who feel inadequate and are covering it with “attitude”.

How can a teacher handle attitudes? By being consistent. Consistent in adhering to the school’s policies, and by consistently giving praise and encouragement when it is deserved. If all of this fails, discussing the situation and expectations with the student and parents in private can help.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Statute #93:
Allow only attitudes of the body, not attitudes of behavior.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“If you want to know the real reasons behind that attitude, think of the thought behind that attitude”
Ernest Agyemang Yeboah

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment