2 3 Wacky Wednesday Complex Imagery | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Wacky Wednesday Complex Imagery



Wacky Wednesday Complex Imagery

Those of you who follow this blog know it mainly features mental and visual images designed to help all aspects of dance technique. Today, for all you wonderful brainiacs out there, here is an article that goes into great academic detail about imagery:

The article discusses imagery - and dancers particularly - so even if you only read portions of it, the information is fascinating. One quote: “…choreographer Rosemary Lee gave examples of the imagery that she shared with the dancers: ‘I worked, as I always do, with the elements so that … there are air dances, fireworks and explosions. Throwing a dove up into the sky and letting it go was one of their favourites’. 

Another tidbit: “…take a moment to imagine your body moving as though you are surrounded by water. Do you feel as though you are experiencing the image from the inside whilst ‘looking’ out or the outside ‘looking’ in – or a bit of both?”

Enjoy!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #7www:
“Mental imagery is a complex and fascinating subject.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
― Albert Einstein

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment