2 3 Terminology Tuesday Angel | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Terminology Tuesday Angel



Terminology Tuesday Angel

The term saut de l’ange [soh duh lahnzh] means angel’s step. It is the same as temps de l’ange.

It is similar to a temps de poisson, but the legs are bent instead of straight and the knees are slightly open. The back is arched, the head is back and the arms are up. 
The dancer doesn’t move in any direction except up and lands the jump in the same place he/she started.

The phrase is also translated as “swan dive”.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #77:
“Saut de l’ange means angel’s step.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Rejection is an opportunity for your selection.”
― Bernard Branson

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment