2 3 Mad Monday Heels Down | Ballet Webb

Monday, January 20, 2020

Mad Monday Heels Down



Mad Monday Heels Down

Something dancers hear all the time is this: “Heels down! Heels down!”. This is directed at students during jump combinations. And it’s important.

I’ve also heard variations on this, and there are those who believe keeping the heels down isn’t always necessary. Hmmm…I beg to differ and today’s Link of the Day below is a great article that provides scientific data as to why keeping your heels down is so critical.

Here is one quote from the article: “A dancer that uses their plié and keeps their heels down will generate more power and be more physiologically efficient because they are properly utilizing and transferring their energy.”

So please, continue to work on landing jumps with your heels down.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #15iii:
“Land jumps with your heels down.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.”
― Philip K. Dick, I Hope I Shall Arrive Soon

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment