2 3 Terminology Tuesday Précipitée | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Terminology Tuesday Précipitée



Terminology Tuesday Précipitée

Glissade précipitée [glee-SAD pray-see-pee-TAY] means glissade hurried. This step is the same as glissade pressée (glissade pressed) and glissade piquée (glissade pricked). I guess when you are pressed for time, you hurry.😊

Glissade précipitée is quick and about half the size of a regular glissade. According to Gail Grant’s book, it is “always followed by a posé and the two steps together take the same amount of time as an ordinary glissade”. I have not found this to be the case and I usually see glissade précipitée done before many small jumps, (like jeté), and not “always followed by a posé”. See my previous blog on glissade: http://balletwebb.blogspot.com/2015/11/technical-tuesday-glissade.html.


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #43:
“Glissade précipitée means glissade hurried.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.”
― Marc Riboud

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment