2 3 Fun Friday Flop | Ballet Webb

Friday, May 17, 2019

Fun Friday Flop




Fun Friday Flop

The verb “flop” means: to fall, move, or hang in a heavy, loose and ungainly way. For a performer or a show it means: be completely unsuccessful; fail totally.

Whew! This is why there is no flopping in ballet! No flopping in technique or the scary thought of having a performance flop. No ungainly movements, No shows that flop. There is no flopping in ballet, period.

Of course, at the end of a long, hard day flopping on the sofa or into bed is permitted.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Statute #152:
“There is no flopping in ballet.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.”
― Jack London

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:


No comments:

Post a Comment