2 3 Mad Monday Juicy Plié | Ballet Webb

Monday, May 20, 2019

Mad Monday Juicy Plié



Mad Monday Juicy Plié

Here’s another way to visualize pliés: think of them as juicy. Rich and flowing with flavor – not dried out and tasteless. Don’t you just love food imagery?!

The problem with pliés is usually just that: when they aren’t fully utilized they become tight and crunchy like old leaves. Crunchy pliés are not only useless, but can be potentially harmful. Landing a jump with a plié that is as brittle as an old leaf is downright scary!

So imagine your pliés being rich and juicy instead.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #2ff:
“A plié should be juicy.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“I'm hungry for a juicy life. I lean out my window at night and I can taste it out there, just waiting for me.”
― Brigid Lowry, Guitar Highway Rose

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment