2 3 Terminology Tuesday Tour Fall | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Terminology Tuesday Tour Fall



Terminology Tuesday Tour Fall

In the category of things you can’t make up comes tour en l’air avec chute allongée. This is described in Gail Grant’s book as “Turn in the air with an outstretched fall.”

The description goes further: “This is a double tour en l’air in which the dancer, before the end of the movement, inclines his body in the direction of the turn and falls sideways to the floor in a horizontal position.”

I couldn’t find a video demonstrating this step and all I can say is Wow.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #30e:
“Tour en l’air avec chute allongée is a tour that falls.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Gravity is a contributing factor in nearly 73 percent of all accidents involving falling objects. ”
― Dave Barry

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment