2 3 Fun Friday Wide Brim | Ballet Webb

Friday, January 11, 2019

Fun Friday Wide Brim



Fun Friday Wide Brim

Remember those huge, foam cowboy hats where the brim extends way out all around? This image can help with a common problem: arms that come too close to the body and face when the port de bras moves from low to fifth en haut (high fifth).

You know what I mean. It’s when it appears that the dancer is taking off a tee shirt instead of doing a lovely port de bras. Scary. The arms always move through the established “roadways” (see previous blogs) and never drive off the road.

So imagine wearing one of those giant foam cowboy hats and make sure that your hands and arms are far enough away from your head and upper body so they don’t touch any part of the big hat.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #6iii:
“Imagine wearing a giant foam hat and bring your arms up without touching it.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
 "Take off your hat," the King said to the Hatter.

"It isn't mine," said the Hatter.
"Stolen!" the King exclaimed, turning to the jury, who instantly made a memorandum of the fact.
"I keep them to sell," the Hatter added as an explanation; "I've none of my own. I'm a hatter.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass


Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



1 comment: