2 3 Technical Tuesday Skull | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Technical Tuesday Skull


Technical Tuesday Skull

Yesterday I talked about how the head weights about ten pounds and that its placement in ballet is critical for balance and appearance.Today I’m focusing on the anatomy of the skull, or cranium.

The cranium is the skeletal structure of the head that supports the face, and serves to protect the all-important brain. It is further divided into the facial bones and the brain case (cranial vault). In a human, the skull consists of 22-30 individual bones. These bones are formed by intramembranous ossification, which are joined together by sutures (fibrous joints). These joints fuse together in adulthood, thus permitting brain growth during adolescence.

The anatomy of the skull is fascinating and complex, as you can see by the above photo.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Anatomical Secret #26v:
“In a human, the skull consists of 22- 30 individual bones.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Your skull encloses your brains. But never forget that anytime you open your mouth to talk, you have opened your mind for the entire world to see what is hidden in there!”
Israelmore Ayivor

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment