2 3 Mad Monday Marble Head | Ballet Webb

Monday, August 21, 2017

Mad Monday Marble Head


Mad Monday Marble Head

I’ve talked before about the body’s central axis (center pole) and how it changes depending on what position a dancer is in. Here is another image for improving the security and placement of one’s central axis.

Imagine a marble on the top (center) of your head. Now move into a position on one leg, like retiré, and picture the marble dropping down by gravity through the body and exiting through the floor via the supporting foot.

Gravity will cause any falling object to go down in a direct straight line, so the image of a marble falling through the body will help establish good placement along your central axis.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #1ccc:
“Imagine a marble on the top of your head dropping down through your body.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Gravity is not a trivial monster.”
Frank Cottrell Boyce, Cosmic

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment