2 3 Terminology Tuesday Jarret | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Terminology Tuesday Jarret



Terminology Tuesday Jarret

The word jarret [zha-REH] in French means hock, shank, or bend of the knee. It is related to the term jarreté which I talked about in a previous blog: http://balletwebb.blogspot.com/2019/06/terminology-tuesday-jarrete.html

I’ve never heard jarret used in a dance class, and there are few references to this term online. But it does exist and you may encounter it somewhere, someday. Therefore it is good to know. Knowledge is never wasted and learning new stuff is fun.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #91:
”Jarret means hock (bend of the knee).”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“He liked the mere act of reading, the magic of turning scratches on a page into words inside his head.”
― John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Check out my coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment