2 3 Saturday Superstition Changes | Ballet Webb

Saturday, December 7, 2019

Saturday Superstition Changes



Saturday Superstition Changes

Here is a superstition that, in my experience, is ruthlessly ignored. Never change anything on opening day (night).

This may be more of an individual thing, since directors and choreographers are notorious for changing “just one more little thing” before the curtain goes up on an opening performance. But most dancers I know wouldn’t change anything in their choreography this late in the game.

Be that as it may, it is believed to bring bad luck if anything is changed on the day of an opening performance.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Superstition #184:
“Never change anything on opening day.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.”
― Lao Tzu

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment