2 3 Wacky Wednesday Space | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Wacky Wednesday Space


Wacky Wednesday Space

Today I’m starting another chapter involving Classroom Secrets. These are the often unsaid rules that are (hopefully) understood and assimilated by dancers as they go through their training – but often are not. Sigh.

The first rule is to always leave enough space around yourself during class. You should have enough space to the front, side and back so that you could do a grand battement in any direction and not kick anything or anybody. In a crowded classroom, this can be challenging, but it is important for obvious reasons.

This requires constant awareness. Awareness is an essential skill for dancers and this awareness is used not only in the classroom, but also onstage. It helps a dancer make quick adjustments if necessary – to stay out of the way of falling objects (gasp!), or simply make accommodations if a dancer nearby is out of place.

Always keep the space!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Classroom Secret #28a:
“Always leave enough space around you during class.”

Link of the Day:
Quote of the Day:
I'm choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I'm making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.”
Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment