2 3 Fun Friday Saut de Basque Second | Ballet Webb

Friday, December 1, 2017

Fun Friday Saut de Basque Second



Fun Friday Saut de Basque Second

Secrets to saut de basque – I’ve done another post about saut de basque http://balletwebb.blogspot.com/search?q=saut+de+basque and today I have another hint. 

To assure a good jump, remember to hit second in the air (with the working leg).
This is important! Going through second gives both proper positioning and lift. As the leg comes back down from second, it provides part of the necessary thrust (lift) that allows the dancer to get extra height in the jump, which in turn allows for the possibility of doing doubles (which are not all that difficult, believe it or not). 

Think about it: the leg from second coming down as the dancer does a half turn in the air, as she changes position to passé, and spots… that’s a lot of good, powerful, force. No wonder saut de basques are so much fun!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #15fff:
You must go through second in the air in a saut de basque.

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Guard well your thoughts when alone and your words when accompanied.”
Roy T. Bennett

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:



No comments:

Post a Comment