2 3 Wild Wednesday Maintenance | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Wild Wednesday Maintenance





Wild Wednesday Maintenance

A common problem, especially for young dancers, is one of working just hard enough to maintain their technique. This works for maintenance, but doesn’t help the dancer progress.

It is like the old saying “Do what you always do, and you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” It is also the downside of any physical training: it takes a lot of effort just to maintain the skills you’ve acquired.

Progress requires extra effort. Daily. It requires holding a balance a few seconds longer, stretching a little further, or working on attaining one more pirouette.

Progress. Not just maintenance.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret #10nnn:
“ There is a difference between maintenance and progress.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.”
Abraham Lincoln

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.


Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment