2 3 Sunday Reminder | Ballet Webb

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Sunday Reminder

Sunday Reminder

I tell my students that everyone has days when they find it difficult to be motivated, and days when facing another ballet class feels overwhelming. I get it. I’ve been there.  Having random un-motivated days is normal. But if the lack of motivation continues, there may be a problem.

The trick is to ask yourself why.  Why are you doing this? What are your goals? Have they changed? Has something else changed? It is always useful to re-evaluate your goals. If you have decided that your passion lies elsewhere, there is no shame is admitting it and going down another path – and it is better to do this than continue to slog away doing something you can no longer embrace.

That being said, don’t give up because of a single failure, or a perceived lack of progress. Dance is a process which is defined as : “a series of actions that produce something or that lead to a particular result”. In any ongoing series of things, there will be bumps in the road.

Probably the most important question to ask yourself is this: “How will I feel tomorrow if I give it all up today?”

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:

Motivational Secret #112:  
When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.”

                Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“The first step toward getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”
- J.P. Morgan

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:


No comments:

Post a Comment