2 3 Fun Friday Basement | Ballet Webb

Friday, May 20, 2016

Fun Friday Basement


Fun Friday Basement

Grand pliés can be problematic. Unlike their near cousins, demi- pliés, grand pliés have a basement. That’s right. The bottom of a grand plié is the basement of the step, and basements tend to be dark, damp, and not a place people want to linger.

This idea is related to Ballet Secret #2n: “ A plié is continuous, it never stops”; and Ballet Secret #2b: “A plié is a movement, not a position”; but takes it a step further (no pun intended). Imagining a dank, dark basement provides the motivation to leave and not linger.

And motivation is always welcome!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:

Ballet Secret #2y:  
“Never linger in the basement of a grand plié.”

                Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Success is like a high-rise building. I'm on the first floor.
There are a lot of people in the basement or the parking
lot but I was lucky enough to have made it to the first
floor and I'm looking to make it to the penthouse.
- Justin Guarini

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:


No comments:

Post a Comment