2 3 Wild Wednesday Jump | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wild Wednesday Jump


Wild Wednesday Jump

Students often ask me questions regarding the best ways to improve their technique. One frequent question is “How can I improve my jumps?”. There are many possible answers, depending on the individual pupil. But a general way to improve elevation is simple: notice the best “jumper” in class, and dance behind this person, matching their rhythm and height.

This is often the best way for a student to get the sensation of jumping well. The body learns a great deal by imitation (although this shouldn’t be the only way), and by attempting to match the height and cadence of an excellent jumper, the student will understand – and more importantly – feel what they need to do.

It is all about feeling.


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:

Secret #22t:
“Jump behind the best jumper in class.”

                Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“We think too much and feel too little.”
― Charlie Chaplin

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

            Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:


No comments:

Post a Comment