2 3 Saturday Padiddle | Ballet Webb

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Saturday Padiddle



Saturday Padiddle

While researching strange superstitions I came across this one in the Los Angeles Times: “If you see a car with a burned out headlight, say “padiddle” for good luck.”

Well, that’s a new one on me. I don’t know if it works as a pre-performance ritual, but if you should happen across a car with a burned out headlight on the way to the theater, saying “padiddle” certainly couldn’t hurt.

According to Wikipedia, the word padiddle means: “…a Canadian and American slang term for a vehicle with a burnt-out headlight or brake light or a game involving tallying up sightings of such vehicles.”

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Superstitious Secret #192:
“ If you see a car with a burned out headlight, say ‘padiddle’ for good luck.”
Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Always focus on the front windshield and not the review mirror.”
― Colin Powell

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment